Recent Sermons

Monday, October 17, 2011

A Good Thing


“He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord” (Proverbs 18.22).  Today is Sue’s birthday.  She has been a wonderful helper to me.  She has been with me every step of my adult life (if you can call my 20s adulthood).  The challenges I’ve faced, spiritually and physically, were not devastating because of God at work in and through her.  Her counsel is seldom direct and most of the time tender, careful, and prayerful.  She is strong and looks for ways to encourage others.  I know I lack in many things, but I firmly believe that the Lord has been gracious and merciful to me because of my wife.  “Who can find a virtuous wife?  For her worth is far above rubies” (Proverbs 31.10).  I have found her, and I have found a good thing.  Love you, Sue!