Recent Sermons

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Think About It

Did you know that we are able to bring “every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ” (2 Corinthians 10.5b)?  It all begins, however, with pulling down “every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God” (10.5a).  The fact that I would exalt my thinking above the knowledge of God is a tad bit arrogant – don’t you think?  Also, if I say with Pharaoh, “Who is the LORD, that I should obey His voice? …I do not know the LORD!” (Ex 5.2) unbelief ripples through my spirit and fractures my thinking.  If my thinking is consumed with the now of this world, wouldn’t that be worldly thinking?  If I am so filled with a ‘grin-and-bear it’ religiosity, wouldn’t that be self-righteous thinking?  Some thinking leads to wallowing in depression.  Isn’t this thinking simply a denial of the scope and power of God’s mercy?