Recent Sermons

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Eternal Assurance

John 6:47 (NKJV)
47Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.

I love this verse because Jesus states very clearly that those who believe possess eternal life. They know they have it. It is indisputable. This constant keeps believers going.

Fredrick Blom (1867-1927) wrote, "He the Pearly Gates Will Open". If you're fearful and struggling today, try to remember what awaits you.

John 14:2-3 (NKJV)
2In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

2 Corinthians 5:1 (NKJV)
1For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2 Corinthians 5:6 (NKJV)
6So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord.

2 Corinthians 5:8 (NKJV)
8We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

Revelation 7:9 (NKJV)
9After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands...

Revelation 7:16 (NKJV)
16They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat...

Revelation 7:17 (NKJV)
17...for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”

Have a great Lord's Day!